Some tips for sending letters to prisoners:
1) Do not send stamps or money in your letters because the guards will not give it to them. If you want to give them money you will have to put it in their commissaries.
2) Write their address and your return address on each page of the letter (in case they get separated)
3) It might also be a good idea to add the date to your letters so they will know when it was sent in case the prison is holding mail.
Some tips for sending birthday greeting cards:
1) Do not use glitter, stickers, tape, or anything that can come off of the card.
2) Put their address and your address on the outside of the card as well as the envelope.
— This is by no means an exhaustive list. It’s simply some information that we have picked up here and there.
Use the drop down menu to access the Atlanta Black Cross’s list of political prisoners.
If you have suggestions for additions/corrections to the information that we have please email us at: AtlantaBlackCross@gmail.com